Thursday, October 25, 2007

Raisins

One of the nice things about living in this part of rural America is the fresh fruit. Obviously we don't have that year round. But we do have raisins year round. The closest "tourist attraction" near us is the Sunmaid Raisin Factory. Since 9/11 you can't take a tour of food processing facilities, but you can visit the Factory Store, which has tons of gourmet treats and, yes, lots and lots of raisins. I tell you this in part because I really do enjoy their raisins (particularly the ones dipped in dark chocolate). But also because it leads me to my favorite story of the week...

Since J was away the beginning of the week on a business trip, we invited H to bring the kids by before dinner Tuesday night for some play time. The kids were playing around the piano when I noticed what looked like a golden raisin on the carpet. I was about to pick it up when I realized what it was... T-man's pull-ups had overloaded and he was dropping some loads on the carpet! Okay, you know I am ready to have kids when not only did I not mind, but I actually found it adorable. Not that I am extending an open invitation to come over and poop on my floor. But hey, shit happens. (Sorry... I so clearly had to go for that one.) And it's a rental.

We're off to St. Louis bright and early tomorrow morning for L's wedding. -- D

No comments: